Goods and Service Tax Network (GSTN) has provided the procedures for the transition to the GST for the existing taxpayers of VAT, Service Tax and Central Excise at the website www.gst.gov.in. The schedule of the enrolment activation drive for states is given in the table below.
|S. No.||States||Start Date||End Date|
|2.||Gujrat, Maharashtra, Goa, Daman and Diu, Dadra Nagar Haveli, Chhattisgarh||14/11/16||29/11/16|
|3.||Odisha, Jharkhand, Bihar, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Assam, Tripura, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram||30/11/16||15/12/16|
|4.||Uttar Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Delhi, Chandigarh, Haryana, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan||16/12/16||31/12/16|
|5.||Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh||01/01/17||15/01/17|
|6.||Service Tax Registrants||01/01/17||31/01/17|
|7.||Delta All Registrants (All Groups)||01/02/17||20/03/17|
Procedure to registered:
- To begin with the State department will be communicating the Provisional ID and password taxpayers registered with the VAT department.
- Access the GST Common Portal, create your unique username and new password after using provisional ID and password provided by the VAT department.
- Login to the GST Common Portal with your new login details
- Fill the enrollment application and provide business details.
- Verify the auto populated details from the VAT system.
- E-Sign and submit the application and attached necessary attachments. (E-sign ie. digitally or Aadhar OTP)
- If details are satisfied an application number (ARN) will be issued. Provisional ID Status- Migrated till appointed date. On appointed date, Provisional ID status would be activated.
The taxpayers registered with other departments and NOT under VAT department will be shared provisional ID later. One Provisional ID will be applicable for all taxes merging into GST.